In this practice, we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about service to be handled. We learn from every mistake we make and we respond to customers concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Hayley Dawes.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer them to Mr Woolf immediately. If Mr Woolf is not available at that time, then the patient may be advised when they will be able to speak with him and arrangements will be made for this to happen.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to Mr Woolf.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the respective dentist, unless the patient does not wish for this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 workings days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances that led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing the investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the results of our procedure, then a complaint may be made to;
Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road,
The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street,
The Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne